Over $2 Trillion of commercial real estate (CRE) debt will mature by 2020.
Here are the facts:
• On average, $275 Billion of CRE debt coming due every year for the next six years.1
• Currently, approximately $685 billion in CMBS loans are maturing between now and 2018.1
• Banks have $1.1 trillion in core commercial real estate loans on their books according to the FDIC, another $590 billion in construction loans, $205 billion in multifamily loans and $63 billion in farm loans.2
• The period of 2011- 2017 will be one of unprecedented stress in the CRE market, and a time in which banks will continue to take massive losses.2
• Nearly 68% of loans in the next 4 years will not qualify for a refinancing at maturity.2