We have read some amazing industrial reports this week from CBRE, Grubb & Ellis (Grubb), Cushman & Wakefield (CW), and REAL Capital Analytics (REAL).
Here are some great take-aways:
* Sales of significant industrial properties totaled $890M in February, a 33% increase from a year earlier(REAL).
* Total industrial activity increased to $18.9 billion in 2010 up 77% from 2009(REAL).
* Demand has been stronger than supply in Atlanta, Dallas and the Inland Empire(REAL).
* Rental rates remain flat, but due to the limited amount of construction activity, this may change in 2011 as the economy begins to recover and the inventory levels diminish(CBRE).
* Three ports – Los Angeles, Long Beach, and Seattle – broke containerized cargo records in 2010 after one of the worst recessions in U.S. history(CW).
* Double-Digit rent growth expected for 2011(Grubb).
*Chart by REAL Capital Analytics
The O’Donnell Group is here to assist you with commercial development, property management, asset management and leasing.